Join Team SunnyStrong on Saturday, October 27, 2018 for the FW ALSA Walk to Defeat ALS!
2016 Team SunnyStrong
Here are the 2018 details:
- Click HERE to Register
- October 27, 2018
- 8:30 AM Check In and Team Pic
- Trinity Park – 2401 University Dr, Fort Worth, TX 76107
- Distance: 3 miles
- Click HERE to Donate
- We will do another shirt order starting September 1, 2018
May is National ALS Awareness Month.
This means 31 days focused on education about the disease and the work happening all over the world to find a cure, and to advocating for people with ALS and their caregivers.
ALS eventually takes away everything, including a person’s ability to speak. But just because you’ve lost the ability to speak doesn’t mean you’ve lost your voice. That’s because your voice is so much more.
- Your voice is an instrument to express your opinions and to connect with your community and your loved ones. Did you know that every month 2 billion people around the world use Facebook to express themselves and tell their story?
- Your voice is your ability to share your story and to advocate by writing letters and emails to members of Congress to advocate for better public policy and increased funding for ALS research.
- Your voice is also your ability to discuss your treatment and symptom management with your health care providers.
Everyone has a voice. And this May, we’re asking you to Raise Your Voice to elevate the fight to create a world without ALS.
Throughout the month, we will be sharing stories about people with ALS, their caregivers, the researchers who are searching for a cure, and the health care professionals who make sure people with ALS and their caregivers can live their lives to the fullest.
We will also launch three new public service announcements (PSAs) featuring members of our ALS community and highlighting the challenges of living with ALS. We will bring together more than 500 advocates at our annual National ALS Advocacy Conference in Washington, D.C., to educate members of Congress about the need for better public policies.
And we recently launched an initiative known as Project Revoice to help save and recreate voices for people living with ALS.
Here’s where you come in. There are many ways to Raise Your Voice, even if you can no longer speak.
- Update your Facebook profile with the ALS Awareness frame.
- Recruit your friends to like our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.
- Promote a fundraiser or host your own.
- Share our PSAs on your social media channels.
Raise Your Voice to increase awareness of ALS. Together, we will be heard.
The ALS Association Texas Chapter