Settle in, friends. Lots to see and learn here.
First, SunnyPalooza. Birthday’s are just more fun when they fall on Saturday, amirite? So this year for the big 3-6 we’re throwing a full blown multi event par-tay!
- ALS One announced that they were bringing back the 50 in 1 Bar Crawl for ALS and Team #HicoILikeO got the great state of Texas on the map. Since it falls on 2/4 it makes sense to include some awareness efforts within the festivities.
- All you need to do is patronize my favorite hometown on the 4th and check in on social using the hashtags #barcrawlforals and #sunnystrong
- Visit Historic Hico, TX for ideas on where to eat, stay, shop and play while you’re in town.
- After you bounce around Hico, plan to join us at the Green Canoe where we’ll have karaoke, good food, and live music from THE Clayton Landua. I’m so excited I can hardly stand it.
Next, Super Bowl squares. $10 per square and $125 payout per quarter.
- Board 1 is selling quickly and Board 2 will be available as soon as the first sells out
- If it says “Sold Out” please pick a different square and if you need any assistance just let me know
- I’m proud to share that the funds raised are going towards a special trip to Washington DC in mid February to attend a conference and day on Capitol Hill with More Than Our Stories
- Getting back on the Hill to share my story and advocate for my fellow pALS is a dream come true. This trip checks a lot of my new year plans: disruption, transparency, taking up space, and being consistent.
Last, is just insanity. With my birthday approaching quickly I have been putting off the painful task of getting my drivers license renewed. This time I had to check the box indicating that I had been diagnosed with a disability that would have an impact on my ability to operate a motor vehicle which then required me to take a driving test. Let the record show that I didn’t have to take a driving test to get this license because I did drivers education through Hico High School. Furthermore, my teacher told me that I would never have to parallel park and for 20 years he was right, until yesterday when that was the first item on the test. Somehow, holy guacamole and praise Jesus I passed. Don’t expect to see me out hot-rodding other than in my chair, it’s still my chariot of choice.
“And life has a funny way of helping you out When you think everything’s gone wrong And everything blows up in your face”Alanis Morissette