From the ALS Association blog:
August marks a month-long opportunity to raise awareness and move closer to a world without ALS. Our Every Drop Adds Up campaign builds on the idea that people coming together for a common goal can make the impossible happen, just as it did four summers ago when the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge soaked the world. Every person helped, every research project funded, every discovery made, every piece of legislation passed, and every story shared – it all adds up!
August is known for the soaking phenomenon of 2014, where dollars and awareness for the need of ALS research, advocacy, and care services were spotlighted around the world through the simple concept of dumping water on your head. This boost in the fight against ALS gave the world access to the immediacy required to impact the lives of those living with this disease.
The rules of the challenge are simple:
• Record yourself or go live
- Introduce yourself and tell us what you’re doing: You are participating in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge to raise money and awareness in the fight for a cure for this devastating disease.
• Tell us why you are taking the challenge
• Tell the viewers: For more information on ALS, to make donations, and to get involved with SunnyStrong, please visit http://www.sunnystrong.com
• If you’d like, mention the SunnyStrong tagline: No apologies, no excuses, no regrets
- Dump the ice water on your head
- SunnyStrong Walk Team – https://bit.ly/2KrqIg8
- Any other ALS affiliated organization
Consider yourself Officially Nominated to take the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge! Thank you for participating! We can’t wait to see the videos!