Email from the Every Life Foundation:
We are excited many of you will be joining us in DC for Rare Disease Week on Capitol Hill. For those who are not able to travel to Washington, DC, there are a number of ways to participate from your own home! Please feel free to share with your family and friends too! Below are five ways you can make your voice heard during the week’s events.
- Monday: Watch the livestream of the Legislative Conference on Monday, February 25th to learn about key legislation affecting the rare disease community. The draft agenda is available here, and you can register for the free livestream here.
- Tuesday: Call or email your Members of Congress on Lobby Day on Tuesday, February 26th. The one-page background papers for each of the key legislative issues discussed at the Legislative Conference will be available here prior to Rare Disease Week. You can review them and decide which you might want to ask your Members of Congress to support. You can find more information on calling and emailing your Senators and Representative here.
- Wednesday: On Wednesday, February 27th, join our Rare Disease Congressional Caucus briefing from 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm EST. Titled “Rare Disease 101”, this briefing will provide insights on rare diseases and its’ impact on rare disease patients and their families. Register for the free livestream here.
- Thursday: Watch the livestream of Rare Disease Day at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) on Thursday, February 28th. The agenda and link to register are available on the NIH website. Speakers include leaders from NIH and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), as well as representatives from a number of patient advocacy groups.
- Social media: Stay engaged with our acitivites by connecting with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. On Twitter, we are @RareAdvocates; on Instagram @Rare_Advocates. For posts related to Rare Disease Day or your own advocacy efforts, be sure to use our event hashtag, #RareDC2019, and to tag RDLA in your posts.